Stuff I worked on this week:
I wrote the client for enki.garden. I need to change my initial design after some research. My first pass that I build this weekend creates a json file with data about every file on my computer. But running
tree -if / showed that I had over 2.5 million files on my personal laptop... which is a large json file, even when compressed (about 30Mb compressed). I tried Gob (this is all written in go), but it was equally large. I'm going to try Gorilla ProtoRPC next, because Google App Engine doesn't support golang's net/rpc. But I think that's going to be just as bad.
I also haven't figured out how to tell the server a file has been deleted, because right now the client has no state... all the state is in the server.
I also worked on Forgetful, and got a basic service that took any text you highlighted in OS X (using Automator) and wrote it to a simple web server. It has no authentication or what not, but it's a simple service running locally now.
Projects I didn't touch:
Yay for getting back on the train after three weeks of uselessness!