I was playing around with the new https://beta.fec.gov and found that it was pretty easy to get a bunch of data about who is donating to what. So I wrote a little script to download the data and figure out how much Google employees were donating to political campaigns from January 1st, 2015 until now.
The top 10:
- RO FOR CONGRESS INC.: $9,400
- LOFGREN FOR CONGRESS: $12,175
- WYDEN FOR SENATE: $12,700
- LESSIG2016.US: $21,210
- NRSC: $33,400
- DCCC: $33,620
- DSCC: $34,700
- FRIENDS OF SCHUMER: $43,600
- BERNIE 2016: $47,121
- HILLARY FOR AMERICA: $105,089
- GOOGLE INC. NETPAC: $242,489
Update: I reran these numbers in April. The above numbers were a little low.
Also, full disclosure, I am an employee of Hillary For America. That being said, this was done in my free time and purely out of curiosity, and not part of my day to day job.