\ You might be surprised to see a blog post from me… seeing as how I haven’t posted here in awhile. Well the reason for no blog posts is that I broke… a lot of my code before the pandemic… and then never fixed it.
So, as I’m on vacation this week between jobs, and reading the news is anxiety inducing, I decided to fix all of the bugs I could find in my personal projects. Some of them were simple, others required a bunch of fixes.
- Fixed auth, blog posting and upgraded NextJS.
- This was interesting because there were underlying issues in how I was using Apollo.
- There was also a variety of bugs in my shared react components that made debugging next to impossible.
- Tried to get static prerendering working, but mixed versions of node-auth are preventing that from being finished
- Upgraded to React 17
- Fixed the broken RSS feeds
- Created a new page /inspiration to load all of the images from my blog inspiration onto this site.
- Added SLOs to all of my services
- Fixed issue where getting a count of all tweets from the database would timeout
There’s more work to be done. But I think for now things are in a good place. Also been writing a lot which has been good.
I’m going to try and get back in the habit of writing regularly. Maybe bring back the #happy posts or something.
Anyways, hope you’re staying safe and doing alright.