After a very straight forward talk showcasing all of the data on the internet that has been lost in the last few years, I've been spending the day thinking about what I need to change. Here is a list of my next steps, I think.
- Get a simple version of NatTape out. iTunes Match and Google Music are losing and breaking my playlists.
- Finish moving natwelch.com, pseudoweb.net and a few other small sites to AWS or a comparable cloud.
- Switch cloud server to Nginx.
- Backup all photos on Flickr. Automate and cron.
- Backup all posts on Twitter, G+, Facebook and related conversations. Automate and cron.
- Automate backup of all code on Github and Gists.
- Rebuild home backup server.
- Mirror all remote backups locally.
- Backup Music and clean out library.
- Backup Videos and clean out and organize library.
- Build alerting system to verify stability of backups.
- Build similar tool to @t to post on one site and have it share outwardly.
Note to self, a little more explanation for the public might be useful here...