I just started listening to http://songexploder.net/ after being recommended it a ton of times. The reason I finally took the plunge was being recommended it by Pocket Casts, which I just switched to from Podcast Addict.
PocketCasts has been pretty good so far. It has most of the features I want in a podcast listener, and recommends podcasts, which is always nice. The two features they seem broken:
- Unsubscribing from a podcast is hidden in the settings for a podcast.
- You can easily mass mark episodes as listened to, but to mark them as unlistened, you either have to add them to a playlist, or go through one by one, which is a pain.
What I'm listening to now:
- Internet of Things: Haven't listened to yet, was recommended.
- Science Friday: I listen to one or two a month. These are pretty hit or miss.
- Reconcilable Differences: New Merlin Mann. I love his stuff, but I'm not sold on this yet.
- What's The Point: I like @fivethirtyeight's writing, and these have been good so far.
- XLR8R: Great electronic music
- Roderick on the Line: Good, but I can only listen to one or two a week before I get overwhelmed. Highly recommend starting at the beginning, it's just so many inside jokes now. I usually listen to the newest episode and an older episode each week.
- Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men: A couple tries to explain x-men plot lines. Hilarious.
- Isometric: Recommended, have not listened to yet.
- Coffee & Cider: I love these two, but I'm not sold on it yet. It's like a short Roderick.
- Design Matters: The best design interviews out there. I think in my three or four years listening I can only remember one bad interview (the episode she interviewed the two guys from Mailchimp).
- Sufficiently Human: Good, but I think they stopped making them.
- Song Exploder: Great discussions on song creation by the artists themselves.
- Startup: Each season follows a startup.
- ReplyAll: Interesting stories from the internet. I really love their Yes, Yes, No segment where they explain internet phenomena.
- Mystery Show: Weird premise, but cool stories about weird mysteries.