Day 2 in NYC. Three days till "Recurse Center" (man, I liked the name Hacker School so much better).
Spent most of the day trying to get a bunch of my finances in order and what not. Also spent a bunch of the day reading "Exile", which I am totally obsessed with.
And I'm compiling a list of technical and non-fiction works I want to read and do book reports or something on:
- Mary Rose Cook's Git in six hundred words and gitlet.js
- Why We Fail
- Exploring Everyday Things with R and Ruby
- Designing Games
- Interactive Data Visualization for the web
- Distributed Systems for Fun and Profit
- Beautiful Visualization
- Essential Algorithms
- Time Management for System Administrators
- A bunch of technical papers, but haven't gone through my list yet to figure out which ones.