The past two weeks have been incredibly busy. First we had a week of publishing new websites and apps to compete with the RNC:
- https://www.hillaryclinton.com/ - a complete redesign!
- https://www.hillaryclinton.com/vote/ - helping people vote!
- https://www.hillaryclinton.com/trumpyourself/ - Fun Trump game!
- https://www.hillaryclinton.com/mobileapp/ - HRC iOS game!
These were all really well accepted, and #trumpyourself did so well we took down portions of the website.
For the first time in 15+ months, a page on https://t.co/yEiFDRYe8R is down due to load. Trump Yourself is too darn popular. Bear with us!— Teddy Goff (@teddygoff) July 21, 2016
I'm really hoping we can write a public postmortem on that. It was quite a ride!
Then we had the DNC. Since I never payed a ton of attention to politics before this, I didn't realize how much conventions were about defining a narrative for the party for the next four years. It's a weird event, but it had some amazing speeches and videos. I was at my desk in Brooklyn watching most of these as we were improving things and making sure the website stayed up, but it was still a blast. Lots of cheering throughout the office, and lots of late night pizza.
There were two great musical numbers that I loved.
- Fight Song Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA
- What the world needs now is love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf6FlJz7Hdk
Early on, Al Franken gave a fun speech, and then did another with Sarah Silverman
- Al Franken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJC67Bm_mXg
- Al Franken and Sarah Silverman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQgBAtOZGR8
The Obama's both gave amazing speeches. The First Lady brought the crowd to tears, and the President really pitched Hillary Clinton hard. President Obama had a beautiful introduction video as well, which was very moving.
- Michelle Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxTwFiF9QI
- Obama Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhpQzeDX7To
- Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfSCRUY9_E
All three Clintons gave great speeches as well.
- Bill Clinton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Hlpbun5BI
- Chelsea Clinton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ScvSwUGSU
- Hillary Clinton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2aroXZ-8FE
Joe Biden (and his intro video) brought me to tears. He made a rousing speech on why America is great and that we should respect our Armed Forces.
- Joe Biden Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06848Saf5EI
- Joe Biden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizPWy4abc4
Khizr Khan spoke about his son, Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq. It was incredibly moving and inspiring.
- Khizr Khan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery-Zgo5ALs
Finally, it wasn't the best speech, nor was it the most moving speech, but I really loved Admiral John Hutson's speech. His speech caused me to go research more about him, and he has a really cool history.
- Admiral John Hutson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTFNvSwwE8
Anyways, I'm glad that it's all over. I'm ready to get some sleep.